Moong dal halwa is a must have dessert during Indian ceremonies in North India. It is believed that yellow moong dal helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and keeps it moist.
Quick and easy to prepare, this dish is loved equally by all age groups.
Cuisine North India
Prep Time Soak for 4 to 5 hours
Cook Time 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
Sansar Yellow Moong Dal 2 cups
Sugar 2 cups
Ghee 6 to 8 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder 1 Tsp
Saffron 7 to 8 strands (soak in 1 tsp of milk)
Dryfruit mixture finely chopped 7 to 8 almonds & Pistachios
Milk 1 Cup
- Wash and soak Sansar Yellow Moong Dal for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind the dal into coarse paste
- Heat ghee in a kadhai (or cooking pan). In a low flame, add the coarse mixture and keep stirring it till golden brown. It will slowly turn aromatic. Cook till it starts releasing ghee.
- Add milk to the mixture so that it doesn’t become hard or lumpy.
- Add sugar and cook till milk is totally mixed and dried out.
- Add cardamom powder, soaked saffron and cook for another 5 mins
- Serve warm. Garnish with Dry fruit mixture.
1 thought on “Moong Dal Halwa”
Pingback: The Best Sansar Dal Recipes: 5 Recipes That'll Change The Way You Think About Dal - Sansar Foods
Comments are closed.