Dal Vada or Paruppu Vadai is a popular street food savoured by many in South India. It is a deep fried crisp patties which is made with Chana Dal served with sauce or tamarind/green chatni.
Cuisine South India
Prep Time Soak for 3 to 4 hours
Cook Time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
Sansar Chana Dal 1 Cup
Raw Rice ½ Cup
Onion 1 medium size – chop into tiny pieces
Green chillies 2 to 3 – chopped (depending on your taste for spicy food)
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds 1 tsp
Coriander finely chopped
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Water 1 cup (or as required)
Oil or Ghee 2 cups
- Wash and soak Sansar Chana Dal and rice for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain water completely and grind the dal & rice into coarse paste
- Mix all the remaining ingredients and make flat patties. Note that you cannot prepare the patties and keep as it will start losing moisture and become soggy.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the chana dal patties till golden brown. Ensure that frying is done on medium flame.
- Serve with sauce or green chatni. Ideal with hot coffee or masala tea.
1 thought on “Chana Dal Vada or Paruppu Vadai”
Pingback: The Best Sansar Dal Recipes: 5 Recipes That'll Change The Way You Think About Dal - Sansar Foods
Comments are closed.